Marriage Counseling in Brooklyn NY
When you think of your marriage, do you find yourself thinking or saying any of the following? :
- I am tired of fighting
- I don't feel understood by my partner
- I don't want to give up on my marriage but I'm at a loss as to how to make it work
- How can we rekindle the intimacy and passion we had at the beginning of our relationship?
- Do my partner and I have a future together?
Identifying the Negative Patterns in Your Marriage
Many couples experience difficult and challenging times over the course of their marriage. Qualified marriage counselling can renew your relationship and often allows each individual to emerge both stronger and wiser as a result. Marriage Works NYC in Brooklyn, NY helps couples identify and explore the events and experiences that brought them to therapy in the first place while reviewing repetitive patterns that are often rooted in the past that prevent them from fully living in the present.
Some of the relationship issues addressed during counselling:
- Developing Effective Communication Skills
- Building Trust
- Anger and Conflict Resolution Techniques
- Domestic Violence
- Addictive Behavior (Alcohol, Drugs, Internet, XXX, etc.)
- Abuse: Physical, Emotional, and Sexual
Identify the Challenges and Tell Us How Your Marriage Works In NYC
Most couples want to their marriage to work, but lack effective strategies for reducing tension, delaying impulsive reactions to 'trigger' events and learning new techniques for improved communication. The average couple often waits until relationship problems become overwhelming before seeking marriage counselling. This can lead to feeling 'stuck' in a perpetual cycle of repetitive and disruptive behavior.
Eliot Kaplan, PhD, LCSW, holds a PhD in Counseling Psychology and is a Certified Addiction Specialist (CAS). Dr. Kaplan helps couples in the Brooklyn, NY region identify the recurring dilemmas within their marriage as a starting point to dissolving the old habits and allowing change and ultimately, hope to occur.
Call us for a free phone consultation